Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whole30 - Day 6 and 7 (The First Weekend) and Days 8-10

On Day 6, Saturday, I went to my cousin's wedding. Congratulations to Katherine and Alex! Joy! Dancing! Singing! Merriment! Cake!? Food!? Lots and lots of food.

Looking back, as a good blogger, I should have taken a picture of the food. I guess I was too busy trying to stop myself from compulsively eating EVERYTHING. Here is a dramatic re-enactment of the food I was faced with.

I spent most of the time after the ceremony asking my relatives what everything tasted like. "Oh, that cookie looks awesome. What does it taste like?" "Which side tastes better, the side dipped in icing and sprinkles or the plain side?" "Is it soft or crunchy?"

Luckily, I planned ahead and brought a cooler and a steak salad. I also had some strawberries but that was pretty much the only thing present that was Whole30 approved.

The days which followed and have led up today have not been too bad. My cravings really have curbed a bit except for a small spike today when I really wanted some candy. I swear. Candy was definitely my addiction.

Whole30 Food Suggestions

I discovered that I love coconut butter. Artisana is the brand I've been eating. I've been getting the packets at the health food store. Super caloric (221 calories per serving) but super satisfying. Coconut milk and oil have also been life savers throughout the past two weeks. Definintely recommended.

Crossfit and Whole30

New job, long hours... no Crossfit. My muscles are atrophying as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment